Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority Ltd.
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Job I.D. # KTCEA.2019.15
The Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority Ltd. (KTCEA) is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Director of Curriculum and Instruction. The Director will provide leadership and vision in the ongoing planning, implementation, development, direction, review and evaluation of KTCEA’s curriculum and instructional services.
As part of the Leadership Team, the successful applicant will lead the development and implementation of the authorities Human Resource strategies, policies and procedures and initiatives. The Director ensures that KTCEA’s education objectives are aligned KTCEA’s curriculum framework and to instructional practices that yield the highest standards of student achievement and Indigenous instructional excellence. The Director will report to the Deputy Superintendent. This position is based in Loon River First Nation, AB at the KTC Admin Building.
Primary responsibilities include coordination of key actions as determined by the Authorities Education Plan including:
- Support all aspects of district instructional and curriculum integration of technology, literacy, numeracy, landbased education, Cree language and the Cree ways of knowing.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and evaluation of a KTCEA Curriculum framework that will include a focus on land-based education and the revitalization of Cree language for KTCEA schools.
- Prepare and create the instructional Calendar for all KTCEA schools.
- Supervise the administration, analysis and reporting of all student learning assessments, student attendance, etc.
- Represent KTCEA in meetings and conferences related to curriculum and instruction.
- Report periodically to the board on all curriculum, instruction, and assessment matters as directed by the Deputy Superintendent and/or Superintendent.
- Participate in the interview and selection process of KTCEA specialists.
- Coordinate KTCEA professional learning activities for teachers, administrators and central office staff.
- Supervise and evaluate KTCEA education specialists.
- Lead/serve on district-wide committees as needed.
- Keep the Deputy Superintendent fully informed of significant matters pertaining, but not limited to, to the development and/or implementation of the KTCEA curriculum framework, student achievement and attendance.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Deputy Superintendent.
Qualifications and/or qualities essential to this position are:
- Master’s Degree in Education is required.
- Permanent Alberta Teaching Certificate and five years of successful teaching experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge in developing and implementing curriculum and/or curriculum frameworks is required.
- Sound knowledge/awareness of provincial curriculum and relevant, emergent matters in the provincial education system is required.
- A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of First Nations culture, organizations, and communities is required.
Conditions of Employment: In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to the KTCEA who are offered employment must provide an up-to-date RCMP criminal record check and Child Welfare Intervention Check before employment is confirmed.
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org please reference job I.D. # KTCEA.2019.15 in the subject line of email.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted. The Personal Information submitted pursuant to the advertisement will be utilized for the employment opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.