Job Title: RBC Indigenous Peoples Development Program
RBC’s Indigenous Peoples Development Program aims to help recent graduates, who self identify as Indigenous/Aboriginal (First Nations, Inuit, Métis), develop the skills and network needed to build their career in banking. Be a part of an exciting two year experience which will give you exposure to a specific business/functional area of the bank via a unique rotational program. You will have the opportunity to choose one of the following business areas to focus their rotations: Finance, Audit, Marketing, Technology, Wealth Management and Canadian Banking. For more information details about the program you visit https://jobs.rbc.com/ca/en/indigenoustalentprogram
- Associates will experience four assignments. Three assignments will be within the chosen business/function area and one unique rotation working with an Indigenous community organization which will allow you to give back while applying your skills.
- Assignments within the bank include working on group or individual projects and other activities related to achieving team goals.
- Associates will also benefit from one-to-one mentoring with a program manager, reporting managers and a peer mentor for the duration of the program. Through a combination of experience and exposure, you will get opportunities to learn and broaden your personal network across RBC.
- Upon completion, you will have an opportunity to build your career within your chosen business area. We will work with you to target new opportunities aligned to your interests, skills, and career development goals.
What’s in it for you?
- Kick start your career and explore opportunities to grow
- Excel through skill building and access to learning resources, mentoring and coaching
- Build valuable connections with other Indigenous and non-Indigenous employees within RBC, and give back to Indigenous communities.
- Use your knowledge to develop insights, disrupt, and create change
- Develop understanding of your specific functional area and RBC and work with top industry leaders
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonus, flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A recent undergraduate degree in Business-Marketing/ Communication/Finance/ Accounting/Computer Science/Mathematics
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to build strong working relationships with key partners
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Strong detail orientation and ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and ability to master new computer software
Additional requirements for streams
- Passion for social media and active engagement on key social platforms that translates into perspective on the opportunity each one presents for us
- Comfort presenting to small audiences and sharing perspective openly in a group environment
- Understanding of data analytics, data visualization and reporting tools would be an asset
- Passion to learn about Finance and pursue a career in the Finance Function
- Comfort dealing with numbers and different software
Technology and Operations:
- Interest in learning new technical skills and software
- Knowledge of coding and programming will be an asset
- Client centric focus, creating solutions that help our clients along their financial journey
- Digital literacy, helping our clients navigate the world of technology as it relates to banking platforms
- Submit your cover letter, resume and academic transcripts online at by application deadline Oct 4, 2019
If you have any questions contact us at email@example.com
To learn more about RBC’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, please visit http://www.rbc.com/diversity/index.html
Do You Need Accommodation?
If you need assistance with your application, navigating this site or have additional questions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Royal Bank of Canada is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance. Our success comes from the 84,000+ employees who bring our vision, values and strategy to life so we can help our clients thrive and communities prosper. As Canada’s biggest bank, and one of the largest in the world based on market capitalization, we have a diversified business model with a focus on innovation and providing exceptional experiences to more than 16 million clients in Canada, the U.S. and 34 other countries. Learn more at rbc.com.
We are proud to support a broad range of community initiatives through donations, community investments and employee volunteer activities. See how at rbc.com/community-sustainability.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 180 Wellington Street W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: New Graduate
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL09
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 10/04/2019
Req ID: 192744