DIRECTOR OF HEALTH
Full Time (Permanent)
Monday to Friday – 7 hours/day
Bigstone Health Commission is seeking an experienced and competent Director of Health to join our talented Health Team. The ideal candidate will have senior management experience in the First Nations health field. This role requires outstanding organizational, motivational, communication, and leadership skills with the ability to develop innovative solutions that push boundaries. This is a rewarding opportunity if you have a passion for enhancing First Nations health services, a desire for collaboration from our multidisciplinary team and various other professionals and agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Health will be responsible for the management of day-to-day operational processes of the Medical Clinics, Homecare and Community and Public Health departments.
- Carrying out the mandate of Bigstone Health Commission and its delivery of health programs and services.
- Administrative planning, implementation, and operations.
- Draw on relationships with departments, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activities and strategic goals.
- Research, identify, negotiate, and implement new health enhancing programs and services as they become available.
- Ensure the adherence to and compliance with all terms and conditions of the Contribution Agreements and Contracts in place for operations and budgets; ensure all reporting requirements are completed as required.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and standards and ensure that laws and regulations are being followed.
- Work closely with senior management to strategize and develop work plans that guide in new levels of productivity and success for the organization.
- Effectively communicate operational issues and make recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Indigenous Services Canada programs, services, legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Previous experience working with First Nations Health programs or organizations.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient verbal, presentation, listening, written and communications skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
- Must be willing to relocate to Wabasca.
- Post-secondary education (Diploma or Degree) related to Business Management, Health Administration, Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or equivalent.
- 2-5 years’ experience in Operations and Administration is an asset.
- 5 years of Managerial experience is an asset.
- Certified First Nations Health Management Certification is an asset.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and be willing to travel.
- Accommodations available if not local
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Employer Matching Retirement Savings Plan
- Extended Health, Dental & Vision Plan
Salary: Based on Education, Experience and Qualifications.
Send Cover Letter, Resume, Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, Child & Youth Intervention Check, along with 3 work related references to: (*Note: All checks must be current within the last 6 months. Only applicants who have submitted all requested documents will be considered).
Bigstone Health Commission
Human Resources Department
Box 1020 Wabasca, Alberta T0G 2K0
Fax: 780-891-2623 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for this Employment Opportunity will be: Until a Suitable Candidate is found. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted on: September 8, 2023
Vision: To revive, strengthen and protect members’ treaty rights to health and to enhance the quality of life of members and others living on Bigstone Traditional lands.