Now Hiring Executive Chef NOC 6321
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking banquets and specialty functions.
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and may estimate food and labour costs
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, cooks
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Recruit and hire staff
- May prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques for and new equipment to the cooking staff
- Prepare and cook complete meals or specialty food, such as pastries, sauces, soups, salads, vegetables, meats, poultry, and fish dishes. Create and decorate food displays for special events such as banquets.
- Instruct cooks in the preparation, cooking garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales, and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Post Secondary diploma in Business Management, Culinary Arts, or Hospitality
- 3-5 years of supervisory or management experience in the Hospitality or Restaurant industry.
- Ability to provide leadership and communicate with all staff members.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation procedures and food safety guidelines.
- Understanding of food handling and sanitation standards.
- Understanding of restaurant operational procedures.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, and vendors.
- Positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and a consistent display of professionalism.
- Innovative, detail-oriented, and quality conscious.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques as an asset
Education: Post-secondary in business management, Culinary Arts or Hospitality Experience: 5 years or more
Terms of Employment: Permanent full-time, 44-hour work week Language: English
Employment Conditions: Shift work, Day, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays, Nights. Wage: $70,000 per year.
Benefits Package: Vision, Dental, and Health, After a 90-day probation period
Location: Twp.Rd, 602A, Hwy 32 North, Whitecourt, Alberta
Address: Eagle River Casino & Travel Plaza P.O Box 10 Whitecourt, Alberta T7S 1N3
Contact: 780-779-2727 or fax 780-706-7451 Visit our website: www.eaglerivercasno.ca
How to apply: Send your resume to HR@eaglerivercasino.ca, mail or fax.