Oak Hill Ranch is an accredited campus-based treatment facility with a designation in Intensive Treatment. With the support of Children and Family services, family and other healthy support networks, we strive to create a therapeutic environment that assists in the young person’s growth and development. We offer services to youth between the ages of 9-16 years of age who present various behavioral and emotional challenges. Oak Hill Ranch is located ½ mile south of the town of Bon Accord (20 min. N of Edmonton).
The experience and awareness encountered through the teachings of First Nations practitioners is recognized as essential in responding successfully to the needs of Indigenous youth, families, and communities. The teaching of cultural practices, traditions and experiences provides a foundation for understanding and developing effective working relationships with young people and their families.
As an Indigenous Culture Liaison your shifts will be Monday to Friday, both day and early evening shifts. Salary ranges from $48, 000-$56, 000.
- Serve as a resource on subjects such as First Nations cultural practices, traditions, and protocol.
- Direct cultural events and special activities such as sweats ceremonies, sharing circles, smudges, etc.
- Attend case conferences to support in youth’s growth.
- Provide guidance to staff to assist in dealing with events in the context of cultural practices.
- Promote understanding and respect for First Nations culture, experience and identity.
- Integrate First Nations culture with the demands of contemporary society.
- Participate in recreation programs and develop arts & crafts programs.
- Supervise young people within the therapeutic milieu.
- Serve as a liaison between Oak Hill Ranch and young people families.
- Support youth and families in after-care.
- Provide education both formally and informally.
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- The Indigenous Culture Liaison shall be recognized in the Indigenous Community as reflecting the beliefs, customs, traditions, and ceremonies of the First Nations people.
- High school diploma.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Standard 1st Aid (level C), ASIST Suicide Certificate(s) are an asset; however, courses are offered after commencement.
- Clean Police Security Clearance, Clean Intervention Record Check and a Clean 3-year Driver’s Abstract are conditions of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof thereof as a condition of employment.
Candidates are to submit their resume and cover letter to Amber Mansell, Recruitment and Training Coordinator at email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in Oak Hill Ranch and will only contact candidates who are selected for interviews.