Vision: To revive, strengthen and protect members’ treaty rights to health and to enhance the quality of life of members and others living on Bigstone Traditional lands.
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST
Flexible Work Schedule
Bigstone Health Commission is seeking an experienced, highly motivated and dependable Mental Health Therapist to join our talented Health Team. This is a rewarding opportunity if you have an appreciation for First Nation culture, a desire for continuing professional development and enjoy the support and collaboration from our multidisciplinary team and various other professionals and agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reports to Community Wellness Manager
• Develop client treatment plans that are based on clinical experience & history
• Work with client and family members to overcome emotional, behavioral, social and financial difficulties
• Working both independently and as a member of a collaborative multidisciplinary team, you will provide evidence informed and best practices in crisis intervention, assessment, consultation, referral, case management and treatment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good knowledge of office procedures, data collection and reporting.
• Be extremely observant to detail and accuracy
• Must be able to work in a diverse environment
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Must be a team player and able to work with minimal supervision
• Confidentiality is strictly enforced
• Develop strong relationships and work cooperatively with clients
• Knowledge of Mental Health policies and procedures, relevant legislation (i.e., Mental Health Act, Health Professions Act and PHIPA)
Education and Experience:
• Master's degree in Psychology or Social Work from a recognized Post-Secondary institution, must be able to provide proof of education credentials
• Must hold an active professional registration in good standing with a relevant college or an accredited professional body such as the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA), the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP), Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW) and must be able to provide proof of certification
• Must have experience or knowledge working with Indigenous populations
• Must have previous experience in a counselling or mental health capacity
• Must have or obtain within 6 months of hire; First Aid/CPR certification and maintain such
• Must have or obtain within 6 months of hire; Mental Health First Aid certification and maintain such
• Must have a valid driver’s license, (class 5 minimum)
• Willing to offer rotational shifts and accommodations provided
✓ Competitive Salary
Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Send Cover Letter, Resume, Criminal Record Check along with 3 work related references to:
Bigstone Health Commission
Human Resources Department
Box 1020 Wabasca, Alberta T0G 2K0
Email to: email@example.com
Closing Date for this Employment Opportunity will be: Until a Suitable Candidate is found
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.