Term: 3-Year Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Commensurate as per approved SGC Salary Classification
Deadline: (Extended) January 21, 2022
Pre-Screening: Week of January 24, 2022 (Dates subject to change)
Interviews: Week of January 24, 2022 (Dates subject to change)
General Statement of Duties (not limited to the following):
I. The Controller supervises and directs a team of accounting staff to manage the day-to-day financial operations of Siksika Group of Companies' Administration;
2. The role consists of supporting the CEO with the preparation of Financial Statements and annual budgets to be presented to the Siksika Group of Companies' Board of Directors;
3. The Controller also supports the CEO in preparing relevant financial report for the purposes of strategic decision making and achieving operational efficiencies and effectiveness;
4. Lead and oversee the annual Audit process;
5. Support accounting team in performing month end and year end close activities in a timely manner;
6. Monitor and reconcile all accounts and ledgers to ensure compliance against regulatory requirements and applicable accounting standards;
7. Implementation of Siksika Group of Companies' financial policies in day-to-day operations of the accounting team;
8. Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor or other post secondary degree specialized in Accounting;
• 5 years' experience in senior accounting role providing supervision over accounting staff.
• Criminal Record Check
(For Complete Job Description please contact 403-361-I IOI)
At least three (3) References MUST be listed on application for contact and ALL certificates must be attached.
SGC is an Egual Opportunity Employer, however preference may be given to aEPlicants
with Aboriginal descent.
Please submit application, resume & certificates to:
The SGC Human Resources Office
or e-mail to:
Ail inquires should be directed to Christa Rabbit Carrier, HR Coordinator, at
403-361-II0I or by contacting our main office at 403-734-5244.
We thank all interested applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an intervie