KCWS provides statutory child protection services to the community of Samson Cree Nation located in Maskwacis, Alberta, 85 kilometers south of Edmonton. We are currently seeking to hire a committed and motivated individual into the position of Accounting Clerk.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible to process vendor invoices in a timely basis in accordance with the Kasohkowew Child Wellness Society Financial Policies and Procedures; the Kasohkowew Child Wellness Society Personnel Policies and Procedures; and all other applicable Federal and Provincial Government legislation, rules and regulations concerning Delegated First Nations Agencies.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive invoices from vendors/suppliers and process them for payment.
• Process cheque runs in accordance with all relevant policies and procedures.
• Maintain positive communication with vendors/supplier/service provider by:
- processing payment on a timely basis to maintain up to date accounts,
- reconciling monthly vendor statements with computerized accounting records, requesting statements as needed,
- responding to vendor inquiries in a timely manner and maintaining written notes of communication for file reference.
• Process approved Purchase Order and Cheque Requisitions.
• Maintain filing of payment records and related approval documentation such as Purchase Order/Cheque Requisition Requests, Pre-Authorization Forms, Referral and Evaluations, Drive Referrals.
• Assist in AANDC annual audit and compliance reviews as requested by the Finance Manager.
• Assist in other areas within the Finance Department as needed.
o You must possess an Accounting Diploma, Accounts Payable Certification and/or related training with two (2) years’ experience working with First Nations Administration.
o Own transportation, a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
o Must submit a clear Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, and Intervention Record Check (ISIS).
o Working knowledge of Quick Books Enterprise and MS Excel is an asset.
Individuals who meet the above qualifications and requirements are invited to submit their resume and letter of intent:
by email to: email@example.com
or by fax to Kasohkowew HR Dept: 780-585-4488
Closing Date: August 6, 2021 by 4:30 p.m.
Please note: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.