Do you have a bachelor's degree or higher in business, business administration, finance or related field?
Would you like to work in a positive, supportive educational atmosphere?
Are you a great communicator who can function effectively in a multi-disciplinary team?
If so, read on!
About the organization:
The Maskwacis Education Schools Commission (MESC) is a school authority in Maskwacis, Alberta.
Its 11 schools serve approximately 2600 students from Ermineskin Cree Nation, Louis Bull Tribe,
Montana First Nation and Samson Cree Nation.
With a focus on Cree language and culture, MESC schools offer a strong balance between local
Nehiyaw (Cree) core values according to the Maskwacis Declaration on Education and provincial
academics as outlined in Alberta Education Programs of Study MESC seeks to promote improved
Cree, literacy, and numeracy achievement results; retain excellent teachers and support staff; and
improve accountability and transparency to parents, community, and Chiefs and Councils.
About the position:
The Business Analyst will evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncovering areas for
improvement, and developing and implementing solutions that will support organizational goals and
objectives across Maskwacis Education Schools Commission (MESC).
As an employee in the organization, you will model the intent of the Maskwacis Declaration on Education
and the core values of Wahkotowin, Iyiniw Mamotohnehickikan, Nehiyaw Pimatisiwin,and Nehiyawewin.
This is evident by:
● Ensuring that decisions are made to the ultimate benefit of Maskwacis students;
● Assisting the Superintendent and the board to ensure that all students benefit from their treaty right to quality education;
● Respecting the Cree language, spirituality, and traditions within the Education Authority;and
● Providing Maskwacis leadership (the Cree way) in all matters relating to education in the Maskwacis Schools: consensus building, creating a dialogue with stakeholders and empowering leadership in the system.
● Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
● Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
● Provide and support training on software solutions.
● Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement and developing and implementing solutions.
● Performing requirements analysis.
● Effectively communicating insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
● Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders.
● Allocating resources and maintaining cost efficiency.
● Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
● Performing user acceptance training.
● Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
● Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
● Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
● Managing competing resources and priorities
● Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
● Working closely with clients, technicians and managerial staff.
● Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
● Oversee records management and privacy protection
● Bachelor's degree or higher in business, business administration, finance or related field
● Two or more years of Business Solution Analyst experience
● Experience working in the education field will be an asset
● An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
● Knowledge of Cree language and/or culture will be an asset
Salary range: between $79,659 - $120,741
How to apply: If the information above describes you, the career you would like to have, and the type of organization you would like to work for, please apply online at MESC Careers (www.maskwacised.ca/careers).
This position will remain open until filled.