Employment opportunity -- Director of Finance
University nuxełhot’įne thaaɁehots’į nistameyimâkanak Blue Quills (UnBQ) is seeking a dynamic individual aligning with the UnBQ mission, vision, and philosophy, for the role of Director of Finance. The successful candidate will conduct their work in accordance with the University’s policies, including financial procedures and regulations. The position reports directly to the President. The primary responsibilities of the position include maintainance of the financial records for the institution, assistance to Program Leads in developing their budgets and meeting reporting requirements for funding agencies, timely financial reports to the President and the Board, and financial records that are suited for a clean annual audit.
Responsibilities & Specific Duties:
- Ensure UnBQ financial records and transactions are maintained and conducted according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Generally responsible for bank reconciliations, financial schedules, reports to funders, WCB, letters of offer, managing employment and service contracts, project tracking and reconciliations, account reconciliations, budgets, analyzing financial reports, manage and complete full cycle accounting including establishing and administering all filing procedures;
- Prepare quarterly summary financial reports for the President for Board meetings;
- Create month end reporting package and provide to the President, provide each Program Lead with reports for their area of responsibility;
- Supervise staff in the Finance Department;
- Contribute as a member of the Management Team and HR Team, and other committees as appropriate/ requested;
- Related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A credential in accounting, business, or a related field.
- Ability to travel and work on tight deadlines.
- Minimum 4 years experience in a senior accounting position.
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent team, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with lived experience in Indigenous organizations/ communities.
Posted: July 16, 2020
Closing Date: Minimum 2 weeks or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit resumes to: Sheila Poitras, Executive Assistant, University nuxełhot’įne thaaɁehots’į nistameyimâkanak Blue Quills Box 279, St. Paul, AB T0A 3A0
Fax (780) 645-5215/ Email email@example.com