Chief Executive Officer
Little Red River Group
Little Red River Group of Companies Inc. (LRRGC) is wholly owned by the Little Red River Cree First Nation and is responsible for the operation and governance of certain of the Nation’s business entities.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the strategic, fiscal and operational leadership of the company. He/she will develop and execute the strategic and operational plans and will hold profit and loss responsibility for the company. The CEO will be responsible for the development and implementation of long and mid-range business strategies. This will be achieved by leading and directing staff to achieve financial, operational, customer service, efficiency and safety goals.
- Development and maintenance of the business and strategic plan, business policies and procedures.
- Searching for and developing business opportunities with the Business Corp's business and strategic plan and presenting such opportunities to the Board.
- Develop and manage with the Board, the financial return goals for the LRRGC; including, but not limited to:
- required rates of Return on Equity of all current and future business entities,
- multi-year business plans and strategies for all business units, including as necessary any future "exit" strategies; and,
- non-financial goals regarding where to focus for business opportunities.
- Monitor and manage the financial and operations reporting and systems including, but not limited to:
- review of all monthly financial statements and reports with the CFO and reporting these results to the Board,
- review of all monthly operations reports with the CFO and reporting these results to the Board; and,
- review of all business development, marketing opportunities and customer relationship matters with the CFO and reporting these results to the Board.
- Review and present to the Board for approval of all financial and operating budgets; including, but not limited to:
- financial, operating, cash flow and capital budgets; and,
- new business opportunities.
- Regular reporting to the Board of Directors, including, but not limited to:
- scheduling and coordinating Board meetings, preparing agendas, ensuring completion and retention of minutes of Board meetings,
- implementing the decisions of the Board in an efficient and timely manner.
- Establish and manage the senior management team and mentoring regarding the development of the development of the senior operations team and accounting teams with the senior management.
- Direct the CFO and company managers regarding the development and management of the human resource systems.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective strategic relationships and networks with key stakeholders, business owners, customers, potential customer, potential business partners and government agencies.
- Promote the profile of the LRRGC and its business entities as a respected, professionally run business organization.
Preferred Experience, work skills and Education
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Post-Secondary Education in related field such as business, accounting, and engineering
- Proven leadership skills developed through past senior management roles
- Proven track record of commitment to safety
- Proven record of managing the overall business and achieving financial, commercial, and operational objectives
- Experienced in Forestry, Construction, Firefighting, Retail Grocery, Home Building, Oil & Gas etc.
- Familiar with budgeting and financial reporting requirements for businesses
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Remuneration commensurate with Experience.
- Posting will remain open until position is filled.
- Willing to re-locate.
- Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Resumes to email@example.com