Chief Executive Officer
Goodfish Lake Business Corporation
Goodfish Lake Business Corporation (GFLBC) is wholly owned by Whitefish Lake Band # 128 and is responsible for the operation and governance of the Nation’s business entities including Protective Clothing Supplies, Ltd; Goodfish Garment Manufacturing Corp.; Goodfish Lake Garment Manufacturing; Goodfish Cattle Ranches, Ltd.; Goodfish Lake Drycleaning Corp.; Goodfish Lake Laundry Co. Ltd.; and, Goodfish Lake Management Inc.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the strategic, fiscal and operational leadership of the company. He/she will develop and execute the strategic and operational plans and will hold profit and loss responsibility for the company. The CEO will be responsible for the development and implementation of long and mid-range business strategies. This will be achieved by leading and directing staff to achieve financial, operational, customer service, efficiency and safety goals.
- Development and maintenance of the business and strategic plan, business policies and procedures;
- Searching for and developing business opportunities with the Business Corp's business and strategic plan, and presenting such opportunities to the Board;
- Develop and manage with the Board, the financial return goals for the GFLBC; including, but not limited to:
- required rates of Return on Equity of all current and future business entities;
- multi-year business plans and strategies for all business units, including as necessary any future "exit" strategies; and,
- non-financial goals regarding where to focus for business opportunities.
- Monitor and manage the financial and operations reporting and systems including, but not limited to:
- review of all monthly financial statements and reports with the CFO and reporting these results to the Board,
- review of all monthly operations reports with the CFO and reporting these results to the Board; and,
- review of all business development, marketing opportunities and customer relationship matters with the CFO and reporting these results to the Board.
- Review and present to the Board for approval of all financial and operating budgets; including, but not limited to:
- financial, operating, cash flow and capital budgets; and,
- new business opportunities.
- Regular reporting to the Board of Directors, including, but not limited to:
- scheduling and coordinating Board meetings, preparing agendas, ensuring completion and retention of minutes of Board meetings;
- implementing the decisions of the Board in an efficient and timely manner.
- Establish and manage the senior management team and mentoring regarding the development of the development of the senior operations team and accounting teams with the senior management.
- Direct the CFO and company managers regarding the development and management of the human resource systems.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective strategic relationships and networks with key stakeholders, business owners, customers, potential customer, potential business partners and government agencies.
- Promote the profile of the GFLBC and its business entities as a respected, professionally run business organization.
Preferred Experience, Work Skills and Education
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and strong knowledge of Corporate Governance
- Post-secondary education in related field such as business, accounting, engineering, membership and good standing in a Professional Designation such as CPA, CGA, CAFM will be an added advantage
- Proven leadership skills developed through past senior management roles and professional development
- Proven track record of commitment to safety as evidenced by various certifications, ie. Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Proven record of managing the overall business and achieving financial, commercial and operational objectives
- Experienced in Construction, Garment Manufacturing, Dry-cleaning and Laundry as it relates to Oil and Gas Industry and Contract negotiation
- Familiar with budgeting and financial reporting requirements for businesses
- Previous experience working with/in an Indigenous owned Business/Community
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Remuneration commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Applications accepted no later 4:30PM, Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to:
Goodfish Lake Business Corporation - Board of Directors
Attention: Rhonda Jackson, Executive Assistant
Address: 17533-106 Avenue, Edmonton, AB T5S 1E7