VICTORIA OR REMOTE, BC, CANADA - OPEN UNTIL FILLED - FULL-TIME AUGUST 31, 2021
About This Position
Animikii is a Victoria-based social enterprise (Certified B Corp / Certified Aboriginal
Business) that works with leading, Indigenous-focused organizations from all industries to
drive positive change for Indigenous Peoples through technology. Learn more at
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our team. You’re a product
leader who can ensure clarity, continuity, and visibility for our cross-functional team even
in difficult, ambiguous projects where the problem is not clear from the outset. You will
contribute to product strategy and execution, uncovering customer needs and market
opportunities to develop a compelling roadmap. You’ll work in direct collaboration with our
cross-functional team of developers, designers, customer success, QA and marketing.
You’ll take part in every stage of the product development lifecycle, including strategy,
process improvements, ideation, development, launch and continuous improvement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define, document and maintain a compelling product vision based on Animikii’s values, strategic opportunities, and customer needs.
- Foster collaboration and decision making, ensuring clarity, continuity, and visibility for our cross-functional team.
- Discover non-obvious customer needs and synthesize research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem.
- Understand the value that the product is delivering to users so that you can clearly communicate that with everybody at Animikii.
- Coordinate the executive, delivery, go-love and measurement of our products in collaboration with project managers.
- Support Animikii’s agile processes and participate in regular team stand-ups, backlog refinement and sprint planning.
- Connect the dots across experiences and teams to create a cohesive customer experience.
- Contribute to continuously improving Animikii’s product management capabilities.
- Support our giving-back program through pro-bono time, volunteering, workshop delivery, Impact Circle roles and other social impact initiatives that are important to the team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Are you ....
- Interested in implementing and leading through Animikii’s core values: Humility, Truth, Honesty, Wisdom, Respect, Courage and Love?
- Experienced (3+ years) managing software products from inception through launch and iteration?
- A relationship-builder who can demonstrate a history of collaborating and communicating with leadership, engineers and designers?
- A multitasker who can rapidly refocus on different aspects of product management?
- A motivated self-starter who thrives on being part of multiple projects at once?
- Interested in working in a remote-friendly environment using online tools to connect and manage work?
- Someone who has shown they are interested in working with Indigenous communities?
- A collaborator who wants to work in a dynamic, growing organization?
- Excited by the idea of wearing many hats and jumping in to help on tasks, even if it’s outside of their core skill set or job description?
- Knowledgeable of software management principles, processes and software, including agile and scrum methodologies?
● Experience in other product-focused roles such as product designer, UI/UX
designer, product marketer or developer.
● Ability to communicate ideas and product features visually through design tools like
user flow diagrams, user interface designs & wireframes.
● Degree, diploma or certificate in business, marketing, product design, computer
science or software engineering.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Animikii is diversity in tech in action and we value a diverse workforce. Indigenous people,
people of color, women, people with disabilities, and members of the Two Spirit (2S) &
LGBTQIA+ communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Animikii believes an equitable
and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our
mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our team culture, challenge
business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those
candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer
accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make
our recruiting more accessible, please let us know.
How to Apply
Animikii’s headquarters are in Victoria. However, we’re a remote-friendly organization and
would be open to fully remote or a mixed schedule of in-office and remote work. Start date
is negotiable. Competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply using the button at the top right, with your resume and cover letter
communicating your desire to join our team. In your application, please address the
following topics in the order described below:
- Describe two things that attracted you to this job opportunity at Animikii?
- Why do you want to work at an Indigenous-focused organization like Animikii?
- Which of our values are most important to you in the workplace (Humility, Truth, Honesty, Wisdom, Respect, Courage and Love)?
- What role have you held in the past that you sense is most similar to this role — or what life experiences have you had that you sense have prepared you most for this role?
- Operating as a social enterprise and giving back are foundational to our work at Animkii. How would you use technology, innovation, your energy and company resources to give back to the community?
Self-identifying as Indigenous, having first-hand knowledge or experience working with an
Indigenous community will be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only selected candidates
will be contacted for an interview.