Data Systems/ Analysis Specialist Consultant
The Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority Ltd. (KTCEA) is seeking a strong candidate for the position of Data Systems/Analysis Specialist Consultant. Playing a key role, the consultant will ensure the safe storage, protection and proper use of student information.
The successful candidate will analyze student data and produce reports to the Superintendent to track and measure student progress. The candidate will also work closely with the IT Manager and Network Administrator/Computer Services Department. The consultant will be responsible for the analysis and compilation of student data and for developing reports to the community and other stakeholders. This is a term position to March, 2020 with the potential of an extension.
Primary responsibilities include coordination of key actions as determined by the Authorities Education Plan including:
- Ensure the secure storage of student data & information using PowerSchool, PASI, & Nominal Roll.
- Ensure all KTCEA student information is consolidated in a data system.
- Research all available data for the identification of trends in student performance data.
- Analyze and interpret data for the development of reports.
- Develop data sharing arrangements/agreements as required.
- Develop culturally-appropriate performance measures and tools.
- Develop student progress reports to support the Superintendent, KTCEA specialists and other educators in the measurement of KTCEA programs.
- Develop student progress reports to support the development of Community Reports.
- Provide and/or coordinate training and support to staff in acquiring skills in technology.
- Stay up-to-date of current data and management and analysis strategies to support the diverse needs of learners, and disseminate information to district staff.
- Attend workshops and meetings to ensure province-wide standards and initiatives are implemented.
- Develop reports for all levels of government.
- Create briefings and correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and/or qualities essential to this position are:
- A Master's degree in Education or Statistics, or related combination of experience and education.
- Several years of experience in systems and data analysis, and data administration are required.
Conditions of Employment: In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to KTCEA who are offered employment must provide an up-to-date RCMP criminal record check and Child Welfare Intervention Check before employment is confirmed.
Closing Date: The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to educationHR@ktcea.ca
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted. The Personal Information submitted pursuant to the advertisement will be utilized for the employment opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.