The Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority Ltd. (KTCEA) is seeking a strong candidate for the implementation of communications and public relations for the authority. The successful candidate would coordinate the internal and external communications initiatives to stakeholders and audiences, manage the authority’s website, and assist in media relations.
As part of the Leadership Team, the successful applicant will lead the development and implementation of a communications plan and communications report. The consultant will communicate the unique attributes of what the Authority brings to the communities and will attract new professionals that support the vision of KTCEA. The consultant will also take a lead role in the development of community reports.
Primary responsibilities include coordination of key actions as determined by the Authorities Education Plan including:
- Lead development and implementation of a KTCEA communications strategy & plan for KTCEA
- Gather information, organize and produce an electronic newsletter and reports for the board
- Assist in media relations authority-wide, prepare public relations material, key messages, and coordination of media requests
- Develop communication strategies for varying stakeholder audiences
- Take lead in the development of communications products including community reports, handbooks and fact sheets
- Review/develop briefing notes, correspondence and other written materials for KTCEA
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and/or qualities essential to this position are:
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Communications, English or Education is required, or related combination of education and experience
- 5 years of communications experience
- Experience working in a school administration is an asset
- Knowledge of Cree language would be considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license
Conditions of Employment: In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to the KTCEA who are offered employment must provide an up-to-date RCMP criminal record check and Child Welfare Intervention Check before employment is confirmed.
Closing Date: The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted. The Personal Information submitted pursuant to the advertisement will be utilized for the employment opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.